Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
A hint of cinnamon makes these chewy oatmeal cookies stand out from all others. The recipe makes a big batch, so it's perfect when you need a snack for a crowd. —Terri Crum, Fort Scott, Kansas
- 2-1/2 cups shortening
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool Yield: about 13 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC