A hint of cinnamon makes these chewy oatmeal cookies stand out from all others. The recipe makes a big batch, so it's perfect when you need a snack for a crowd. —Terri Crum, Fort Scott, Kansas
- 2-1/2 cups shortening
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool Yield: about 13 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p86
Reviews for Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review