Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups shortening
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool Yield: about 13 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies(6)
Sort By :
Excellent oatmeal cookies! Made some with raisins and some with chocolate chips.Needed cookies for a bake sale but I'm going to have to save some for myself!
A bit too sweet for my taste although I typically love the super sweet stuff. Not enough oatmeal flavor and way too much work for the outcome. Perhaps adding raisins would have made them better but I did not have any on hand. They were not a hit at my party only a couple of people ate one and they did not make any comments regarding the taste. But they raved about other things so I sent the huge amount of left overs to work with my husband hoping his co-workers would eat them.
easy and YUMMY!
I usually don't like oatmeal cookies but these were one of the best cookies I have ever eaten. Everyone loved them!!
Mmmmmm good! The best tasting oatmeal cookies I've made. I used butter-flavored shortening and chilled the dough for 60 minutes. Next time, I plan to add a cup of milk chocolate chips.