Cinnamon Nut Twists Recipe
These tender treats shared by Mary Van Domelen of Appleton, Wisconsin are good with coffee. The golden twists have a pleasant cinnamon and nut filling and just a hint of sweetness.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Unroll both tubes of dough; press perforations and seams together to form two rectangles. Spread with margarine. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts. Fold each rectangle in half, starting from a short side. Cut each into eight strips. Twist each strip and tie into knot. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
One piece equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC