Cinnamon Nut Loaf Recipe
Lois also uses her bread mix to create this beautiful breakfast loaf swirled with cinnamon and nuts and topped with a sweet and simple icing. -Lois Fleming, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups Shortcut Bread Mix
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup bread mix and yeast. Add water, egg and 2 tablespoons butter; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining bread mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Brush with remaining butter. Combine sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a sort side; seal edges. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Place a heat-proof bowl on work surface; fill half full with boiling water. Cover bowl with a baking sheet. Place loaf pan on baking sheet; cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC