Cinnamon Nut Loaf
Lois also uses her bread mix to create this beautiful breakfast loaf swirled with cinnamon and nuts and topped with a sweet and simple icing.
-Lois Fleming, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups Shortcut Bread Mix
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup bread mix and yeast. Add water, egg and 2
- tablespoons butter; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining
- bread mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead
- until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for
- 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 8-in. rectangle.
- Brush with remaining butter. Combine sugar, nuts and cinnamon;
- sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a sort
- side; seal edges. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. x 5-in.
- loaf pan. Place a heat-proof bowl on work surface; fill half full