I love to combine this recipe with a sweet dough to make a coffee cake to serve to company.—Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Use for Braided Coffee Cake or Coffee Cake Ring. Spread butter over dough; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Cinnamon Nut Filling in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p60
Reviews for Cinnamon Nut Filling
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
"I made this and loved it. Over the years I lost my copy of this recipe, so glad to find it on your web site."