Cinnamon Nut Coffee Cake Recipe
On Sundays, friends and neighbors would stop at my Auntie Rae and Uncle Gene's house. Auntie Rae never cooked on Sundays, so she'd make this coffee cake on Sunday evening, from her own special "receipt", as she called it. The next day, she'd serve it from the warming closet of her cast-iron kitchen range.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; set aside. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients.
- 2. Spread half of batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the topping. Carefully spread remaining batter over top; sprinkle with remaining topping.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 263 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Nut Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC