- 4 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces; shape into balls. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each ball in cinnamon-sugar. Arrange evenly in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Combine butter and brown sugar; pour over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting bread onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Monkey Bread
"I am so excited to serve this tonight. I love Monkey Bread, but I've never made it before, so I was so nervous that it would all stick to my pan and be a big disaster. I bought 1 lb. containers and used two of them...hoping it was enough. It came out just beautifully. 2 lb. is the perfect amount. Thank you so much."
"I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a loaf pan and it still turned out great! I wouldn't put the remaining cinnamon sugar over top when I make it again though. It was a bit too sweet for my liking, but still a big hit in our house!"
"I didn't read ahead about how many tubes of biscuits I would need, so I had to modify this accordingly! I made a quarter of the original recipe and in place of the fluted tube pan, I used a doughnut pan...which resulted in 11 monkey bread doughnuts for the one tube of biscuits I had. My kids loved it - and I loved the individual portions!"
"I also used homemade buttermilk biscuits in this recipe. The monkey bread turned out perfectly, pulled apart beautifully, and the butter and brown sugar created a great caramel crust on the soft cinnamon sugar bread."
"Delicious, can't wait to make with my grandchildren next time they are here!"
"Delicious! I like to microwave a container of cream cheese frosting to drizzle over the rolls when they come out of the oven."
"I was searching for a monkey bread recipe that didn't use a packaged pudding mix and I found this. The cinnamon and sugar mixture along with the butter and brown sugar give it a great flavor. I used a homemade buttermilk bread recipe instead of the refrigerated buttermilk biscuits."
"Delicious and simple!"
"This recipe was so easy! What made it even better is the melted butter and brown sugar that you pour over the whole bread before baking. I have made other Monkey Bread recipes, but this was the best! My family agrees!!"
"Taste AMAZING and is soooo EASY to make!"