Cinnamon Monkey Bread
Is it possible for four kids to cook together without total chaos in the kitchen? Yes, with the right recipe. This is a favorite with my bunch. They get to "play" with the dough as they roll pieces of refrigerated biscuits into balls.Lisa Combs, Greenville, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces; shape into balls. In a small
- bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each ball in cinnamon-sugar.
- Arrange evenly in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with
- remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Combine butter and brown sugar; pour over the top. Bake at 350°
- for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before
- inverting bread onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 133 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.