Cinnamon Mocha Parfaits
By modifying a standard pudding recipe, I came up with this smooth and creamy indulgence featuring my two favorite flavors. Besides making desserts, I enjoy crafting and gathering wild edibles around our rural acreage.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Dash salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- Chocolate curls
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; gradually stir in
- milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- butter and vanilla.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons into each of four parfait glasses. Pour the
- remaining pudding into a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon into parfait glasses. Garnish
- with remaining whipped topping; top with chocolate curls. Yield: 4