By modifying a standard pudding recipe, I came up with this smooth and creamy indulgence featuring my two favorite flavors. Besides making desserts, I enjoy crafting and gathering wild edibles around our rural acreage.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Dash salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- Chocolate curls
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons into each of four parfait glasses. Pour the remaining pudding into a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon into parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining whipped topping; top with chocolate curls. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Mocha Parfaits in Country Woman September/October 2004, p33
Reviews for Cinnamon Mocha Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 7, 2010
"I love this recipe. This is a smooth, creamy dessert worth having seconds of. :)- Heather in Anchorage, AK"