By modifying a standard pudding recipe, I came up with this smooth and creamy indulgence featuring my two favorite flavors. Besides making desserts, I enjoy crafting and gathering wild edibles around our rural acreage.
Recommended: 23 Amazing No-Bake Thanksgiving Desserts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Dash salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- Chocolate curls
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons into each of four parfait glasses. Pour the remaining pudding into a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon into parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining whipped topping; top with chocolate curls. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Mocha Parfaits in Country Woman September/October 2004, p33
Reviews for Cinnamon Mocha Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review