Cinnamon Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Place the frosting in a bowl. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; stir into frosting until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 8 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 325 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Mocha Cupcakes
"These are wonderful! I make brownies so often I was looking for something different, and the cinnamon and coffee add just the right change. Perfect amount too. Thanks!"
"This recipe turned out perfect! Such great flavor, and baked up beautifully!! I used the "Rich Chocolate Frosting" recipe (instead of store bought) in Taste of Home and it was excellent!"
"So, easy and very good! I put them in Shamrock paper liners and sprinkled them with green candy sprinkles, very pretty. Next time, I'll double the recipe."
"I don't know why my review is only allowing me to rate this as 2 stars! When I rated it before I wanted it to have 5 Stars! These were so yummy!!!"
"These are delicious- I do like the small quantity that this recipe makes. Mocha cinnamon is a favorite around here. (Almost as good as Peanut butter with chocolate!)"
"turned out fantastic, can't keep hubby out of them."
"I had a problem, they fell when I took them out. I checked them at the time the recipe said to, and they fell! I made a homemade chocolate mocha frosting, put it on top, and you couldn't tell they fell! So, all is well. They taste good, I will try to make them again."