Cinnamon Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
Like to end a meal with a little something sweet? These chocolate cupcakes will do the trick for family and friends. This dessert is fast and fuss-free. — Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Place the frosting in a bowl. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; stir into frosting until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 8 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 325 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC