Cinnamon Mocha Coffee Recipe
Most store-bought flavored coffees are quite expensive. So here's a special early-morning beverage you can make at home. The aroma of cinnamon and cocoa makes this coffee hard to resist. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup ground coffee (not instant coffee granules)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a coffeemaker basket, combine the coffee and ground cinnamon. Prepare 4 cups brewed coffee according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the milk, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until small bubbles appear on the sides of the pan, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Pour hot milk mixture into four coffee cups, then add cinnamon-flavored coffee. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 77 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC