Most store-bought flavored coffees are quite expensive. So here's a special early-morning beverage you can make at home. The aroma of cinnamon and cocoa makes this coffee hard to resist. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup ground coffee (not instant coffee granules)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a coffeemaker basket, combine the coffee and ground cinnamon. Prepare 4 cups brewed coffee according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until small bubbles appear on the sides of the pan, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Pour hot milk mixture into four coffee cups, then add cinnamon-flavored coffee. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Mocha Coffee in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p1
Reviews for Cinnamon Mocha Coffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review