- 1/3 cup ground coffee (not instant coffee granules)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a coffeemaker basket, combine the coffee and ground cinnamon. Prepare 4 cups brewed coffee according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until small bubbles appear on the sides of the pan, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Pour hot milk mixture into four coffee cups, then add cinnamon-flavored coffee. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Mocha Coffee
Sort By :
"So far, the best success I've had making cinnamon coffee is to add a cinnamon stick to the glass coffee pot and let the cinnamon stick steep in the coffee til desired taste. I have not had much luck using powdered cinnamon. It was ok but not like that delicious cinnamon coffee from the tiniest little coffee shop on Beacon Hill in the 80's. I've dreamed of it ever since!"
"The name sounded wonderful; however, I wasn't impressed...had trouble getting cinnamon to even blend with the coffee..1/3 cup grounds was way too strong, as was 2 tbsp cocoa to only one cup milk. I like the concept but won't use this recipe again. Sorry!"
"It was ok. I used skim milk and sweet and low to make it healthier. I measured 1 cup prepared coffee and 1/2 cup if the cocoa mixture since I had a big mug and wanted to know the proportions."
"Just a quick FYI--my first time trying this recipe, the cinnamon clogged in my coffeemaker making the coffee overflow all over the counter. Now instead of using the screen filter that came with the maker, I use a paper filter, add the mix and place another paper filter over the grounds. This seems to work just fine and makes a great cup of coffee."
"Delicious and easy!"