Tuck little muffins inside a recycled foil container decorated with pretty paper for a cute and delicious gift. The cinnamon butter takes it over the top! —Phyllis Kelley, Gainesville, Florida
Featured In: 22 Ways to Cook with Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Additional sugar
- CINNAMON BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter and cinnamon until fluffy. Spoon into a 1/2-cup serving dish; smooth top. Serve with muffins. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen (1/2 cup butter).
Originally published as Cinnamon Mini Muffins and Cinnamon Butter in Country Woman November/December 1997
Reviews for Cinnamon Mini Muffins and Cinnamon Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2015
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2014
"Make with vintage cinnamon and spices"
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2011
"Great Sunday Morning before Church treat!"