Tuck little muffins inside a recycled foil container decorated with pretty paper for a cute and delicious gift. The cinnamon butter takes it over the top! —Phyllis Kelley, Gainesville, Florida
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Additional sugar
- CINNAMON BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter and cinnamon until fluffy. Spoon into a 1/2-cup serving dish; smooth top. Serve with muffins. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen (1/2 cup butter).
Originally published as Cinnamon Mini Muffins and Cinnamon Butter in Country Woman November/December 1997
Reviews for Cinnamon Mini Muffins and Cinnamon Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review