Cinnamon Mincemeat Buns Recipe
My grandmother gave me this recipe a long time ago. Whenever I make these old-fashioned spiced rolls, I get rave reviews from family and friends.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (9 ounces) condensed mincemeat
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in sugar, salt, oil, egg and 1 cup flour until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- 2. Crumble mincemeat into a small saucepan; add cider. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Cool completely. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Dot with butter.
- 4. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 16 rolls. Place cut side up in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 each: 253 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Mincemeat Buns
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC