Cinnamon Marble Loaf French Toast Recipe
—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- BUTTER SYRUP:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Cut each roll in half. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each portion of dough into sugar mixture and place in a 9-in. x 3-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Let rise until dough is even with the top of the pan. Remove wrap. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile for syrup, bring butter, buttermilk and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla, maple flavoring and baking soda; set aside.
- 4. Slice bread to desired thickness. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip bread slices into egg mixture to coat both sides. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Marble Loaf French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC