Cinnamon Marble Loaf French Toast
—Taste of Home Cooking School
12 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + rising Cook: 20 min.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- BUTTER SYRUP:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Cut each roll in half. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll each portion of dough into sugar mixture and place in a 9-in. x
- 3-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap
- coated with cooking spray.
- Let rise until dough is even with the top of the pan. Remove wrap.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
- from pan to cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile for syrup, bring butter, buttermilk and sugar to a boil,