Explains Erin Phillips of Akron, Ohio, "When I get a craving for a light, wholesome snack, I mix up a batch of this granola. I love the sweetness of the coconut and maple syrup and the crunchy nuts.
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine the oats, walnuts and coconut; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine syrups and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 275° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Cinnamon Maple Granola in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p64
Reviews for Cinnamon Maple Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2011
"Great recipe. I love it by itself or on top of yogurt."