- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 10 to 10-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 9 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For filling, combine the sugars, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add corn syrup and maple flavoring. Stir in nuts.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into six portions. Roll one portion into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread 1/2 cup filling to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut roll in half lengthwise. Place halves, cut side up, side by side; braid. Shape into a ring in a greased 9-in. round baking pan; pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cakes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 coffee cakes (8 servings each).
Originally published as Cinnamon-Maple Coffee Cakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p58
Reviews for Cinnamon-Maple Coffee Cakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review