Cinnamon Love Knots Recipe
My sister-in-law and I enjoy these flavorful yeast rolls for breakfast, brunch or dessert, served with cups of steaming coffee and a hearty helping of love. -Marlene Fetter, Alpena, Michigan
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough flour to form a stiff dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down; divide into three portions. Cover two with plastic wrap. Shape one portion into 12 balls. Roll each ball into an 8-in. rope. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip rope into melted butter, then coat with cinnamon-sugar. Tie into a knot. Tuck and pinch ends under and place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 174 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC