Fans of cinnamon will fall head over heels for these festive lollipops. Make them throughout the year using different cookie cutter shapes.Sheryl Salisbury, Weatherford, Oklahoma
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. + standing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Butter 12 assorted 3-in. metal cookie cutters. Place on a parchment
- paper-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a
- boil; cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads
- 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in oil and food coloring (keep face away
- from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour sugar mixture
- into prepared cutters.
- Remove cutters just before lollipops are set; firmly press a lollipop
- stick into each. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 lollipop equals 105 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium,