Cinnamon Lollipops Recipe
Fans of cinnamon will fall head over heels for these festive lollipops. Make them throughout the year using different cookie cutter shapes.—Sheryl Salisbury, Weatherford, Oklahoma
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 1. Butter 12 assorted 3-in. metal cookie cutters. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in oil and food coloring (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour sugar mixture into prepared cutters.
- 4. Remove cutters just before lollipops are set; firmly press a lollipop stick into each. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 lollipop equals 105 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC