Cinnamon Loaf Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk just until mixed.
- 2. Transfer half of the mixture to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle three-fourths of mixture over batter. Top with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice: 173 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Loaf
"Made this for an afternoon snack! Kids loved it I didn't change anything! Turned out great!"
"easy, fast and yummy. I used parchment paper in the bottom of the pan to make for easy removal. A lot of the cinnamon on top fall off when removing from the pan though."
"Our 7th Grade Home and Career Skills class prepared this recipe in lab. Half of the students said they would make the recipe again. Some suggestions for improvement -more layers of cinnamon sugar mixture, perhaps more "fat" because bread seemed dry."
"We make this at LEAST once a week! It makes AMAZING French Toast, a perfect dipper for chocolate fondue and and excellent quick "grab on the go" for breakfast. We actually made 4 loaves last time and froze them. Fantastic!"
"My daughter has made this twice for us and it is light and delicious. There wasn't a slice left when we took it to church!"