Cinnamon Loaf Recipe
This sweet cake-like bread is easy to make and great to serve at breakfast, with dinner or as a snack. It freezes well, so you can keep loaves on hand for yourself as well as for gift-giving. —Dorothy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk just until mixed.
- 2. Transfer half of the mixture to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle three-fourths of mixture over batter. Top with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice equals 173 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC