Since he was old enough to pull up a chair and help his dad in the kitchen, my son, Jory, has been interested in cooking. In fact, these fluffy pancakes are his own creation.—Deborah Doug and Jory Hilpipre, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Combine eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Cinnamon Hotcakes in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p14
Reviews for Cinnamon Hotcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review