Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk powder, sugar, creamer, cocoa and cinnamon. Add the marshmallows; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months.
- 2. To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 tablespoons hot chocolate mix in hot milk. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups mix (18 servings).
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with skim milk) equals 141 calories, 133 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 24 gm carbohydrate, 9 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 skim milk, 1 fruit.