- 1-3/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- In a large bowl, combine the milk powder, sugar, creamer, cocoa and cinnamon. Add the marshmallows; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months.
- To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 tablespoons hot chocolate mix in hot milk. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups mix (18 servings).
Reviews for Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Mix
"I love this recipe. It isn't overly sweet. We made about 12 batches and gave them out as Christmas gifts. We added 50% more of the baking cocoa and cinnamon though."
"I have made this for years for gifts. I put it in quart mason jars after I have stenciled the lids with a Christmas design. Put marshmallows in a holiday mug tie it off with plastic wrap and raffi. I do add a little more chocolate drink and cinnamon to my recipe. I have been told it taste better if it is 3-6 months old. If you are gifting make ahead."
"I found it left a taste of the powdered milk. Might taste better with more chocolate drink mix."
"Made this every year for years for each child in my class at school. I watched for mugs to come on sale at the local party store and gave each child a holiday mug filled with a bag of cinnamon hot chocolate mix. They loved it!"
"Gave this as Christmas gifts this year and it went over really wll. Tried it b/4 I gave it out and it was really good, I had it with warm milk and warm water and both were very good."
"I made this a couple of weeks ago and loved it. So now I'm making up little Holiday gift bags to hand out."
"I have this almost every morning! I do not add marshmallows to the mix. I add them to the hot chocolate in my mug. I also use dry powered milk, 1/3 cup, 1 cup hot water and the mix. If using powered milk mix with chocolate before adding hot water. While losing weight 65 pounds) this was treat I could look forward to."