Cinnamon Granola Bars Recipe
I make these at least once a week for my husband, David. He takes one in his lunch every week and never gets tired of them. I love providing him with something so healthy to snack on that doesn't taste low-fat. —Jessica VanLaningham, Cockeysville, Maryland
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Stir in flax and honey. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Gently stir in raisins.
- 2. Press into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 bar equals 231 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC