Cinnamon-Glazed Braid Recipe
After tasting an unforgettably delicious bread in a Portland deli, I set out to duplicate the recipe so I could make it at home. I came up with this tender braid that my wife and I often make for church potlucks and to give as a gift. —Ken Lang, Dayville, Oregon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- CINNAMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. Place egg in a measuring cup; add enough water (70°-80°) to measure 1 cup. In bread machine pan, place egg mixture, butter, bread flour, sugar, salt and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 13-in. rope. Place ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch seams firmly to seal and tuck ends under. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 slice equals 165 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Glazed Braid
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC