Cinnamon Fruit Salad Recipe
Cinnamon in the dressing on this refreshing fruit salad brings a holiday touch to breakfast or brunch. The recipe is suggested by field editor Nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and halved
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 6 seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup nonfat orange or vanilla yogurt
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine fruit and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, sweetener and cinnamon; mix well. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 63 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC