Cinnamon Fruit Compote
I've been asked to make this fruity salad for countless potlucks, picnics and parties. In a clear glass bowl, this wonderfully refreshing dish adds color to any table.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups white grape juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (4 inches)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 3 medium nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan, bring the first five ingredients to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let
- stand for 15 minutes. discard cinnamon stick; chill. Meanwhile, in a
- glass bowl, layer half of the strawberries and all of the
- nectarines, grapes and oranges. Top with kiwi and remaining
- strawberries. Stir juice mixture and pour over fruit; do not mix.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 123 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.