I've been asked to make this fruity salad for countless potlucks, picnics and parties. In a clear glass bowl, this wonderfully refreshing dish adds color to any table.
Featured In: Summer Fruit Desserts
- 1-1/2 cups white grape juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (4 inches)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 3 medium nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan, bring the first five ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 15 minutes. discard cinnamon stick; chill. Meanwhile, in a glass bowl, layer half of the strawberries and all of the nectarines, grapes and oranges. Top with kiwi and remaining strawberries. Stir juice mixture and pour over fruit; do not mix. Chill for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Fruit Compote in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p75
Reviews for Cinnamon Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review