Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip top and sides of biscuits in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- 2. Place on ungreased baking sheets. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a deep indentation in the center of each biscuit; fill with 1 teaspoon preserves.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving (preserves will be hot). Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 178 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits
"My husband is not a biscuit person. These are so delicious that he ate two of them. So easy and very yummy. Will be making these again."
"I substituted cardamom for the cinnamon and used orange marmalade in place of the strawberry preserves. They looked, smelled, and tasted wonderful. I will definitely make these again."
"Kids loved them! Preserves melted and ran all over."
"I used cherry preserves!! Yum! Will definately make again"
"Excellent for breakfast on Sunday Mornings! I use Pillsbury Grands and Strawberry/Blackberry Jam! My family loves them!"
"My husband does not like buttermilk biscuits but ate four of these at one sitting. They are so easy and are great as snack or breakfast food -- best served right from the oven."
"This was so simple and easy! A nice way to dress up a biscuit. Loved the cinnamon and sugar!I will be making them again."
"Was not impressed with this recipe. Was just a hot biscuit w/jelly. Would not make this again."
"These are very tastey. But the preserves melted an ran out onto the cookie sheet. I either used to much or didn't make the indentations deep enough. I would suggest using the Pillsbury Grands biscuits."
"My family loves these, I make them for snack with hot chocolate, cider or tea. I serve them at breakfast. Family favorite with omlets and a fruit salad."