Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip top and sides of biscuits in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- 2. Place on ungreased baking sheets. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a deep indentation in the center of each biscuit; fill with 1 teaspoon preserves.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving (preserves will be hot). Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 178 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits
"These are so easy to make with ingredients most of us have. I did use abut 1/2 tsp of cream cheese before I topped with strawberry preserves. Very tasty. My husband loved them. So definitely will make these again."
"I think this is a great base recipe. I did some biscuits exactly as written, but others I substituted different ingredients in. For one I put in pieces of chocolate, on another I did a layer of cream cheese, then the strawberry preserves. I haven't tried the chocolate one yet, but the cream cheese and strawberry was VERY good. I'll be using this recipe again in the future, especially if I have leftover biscuits!"
"My husband is not a biscuit person. These are so delicious that he ate two of them. So easy and very yummy. Will be making these again."
"I substituted cardamom for the cinnamon and used orange marmalade in place of the strawberry preserves. They looked, smelled, and tasted wonderful. I will definitely make these again."
"Kids loved them! Preserves melted and ran all over."
"I used cherry preserves!! Yum! Will definately make again"
"Excellent for breakfast on Sunday Mornings! I use Pillsbury Grands and Strawberry/Blackberry Jam! My family loves them!"
"This was so simple and easy! A nice way to dress up a biscuit. Loved the cinnamon and sugar!I will be making them again."
"Was not impressed with this recipe. Was just a hot biscuit w/jelly. Would not make this again."
"These are very tastey. But the preserves melted an ran out onto the cookie sheet. I either used to much or didn't make the indentations deep enough. I would suggest using the Pillsbury Grands biscuits."