Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits
"Because these sweet treats are so easy, I'm almost embarrassed when people ask me for the recipe," admits Ione Burham of Washington, Iowa. They're a snap to make with refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, sugar, cinnamon and your favorite fruit preserves.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip top and sides of
- biscuits in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. With the end of a wooden spoon
- handle, make a deep indentation in the center of each biscuit; fill
- with 1 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15
- minutes before serving (preserves will be hot). Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.