Cinnamon Focaccia Recipe
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Pat each portion flat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Press dough into two greased 12-in. pizza pans. Prick top of dough with a fork. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Top with nuts. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough cream to achieve a glaze consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 2 round loaves.
1 slice: 252 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Focaccia
"We really loved this bread! I placed thinly sliced apple over the dough and brushed with butter and sprinkled with the cinnamon sugar. Yummy! Smelled so good while baking (we tasted it before dinner!)"