"Wedges of this chewy cinnamon bread are a big hit with our eight children," writes Patricia Spurrill of Pritchard, British Columbia. "The bread machine does most of the work, so I can move on to other things."
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 14-in. circle; transfer to a lightly greased 14-in. pizza pan. Make indentations in top of dough with fingers. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; cut into wedges and serve warm. Yield: 16 wedges.
Originally published as Cinnamon Flat Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p34
Reviews for Cinnamon Flatbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review