"Wedges of this chewy cinnamon bread are a big hit with our eight children," writes Patricia Spurrill of Pritchard, British Columbia. "The bread machine does most of the work, so I can move on to other things."
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 14-in. circle; transfer to a lightly greased 14-in. pizza pan. Make indentations in top of dough with fingers. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; cut into wedges and serve warm. Yield: 16 wedges.
Originally published as Cinnamon Flat Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p34
Reviews forCinnamon Flatbread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2012
"This bread has a really good flavor. I just put it in a 10X13 pan and it turns out just as good."