Cinnamon Flapjacks Recipe
Kids will love helping to create our fun breakfast treat for dad. Remember this syrup. It's delightful and so easy! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, water, syrup, butter and cinnamon. Pour batter into a plastic squirt bottle. Squeeze batter into desired letters and shapes onto a greased hot griddle. When underside is browned, turn pancakes and cook until second side is golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with flapjacks. Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup syrup).
2 pancakes with 3 tablespoons syrup equals 501 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 1,032 mg sodium, 106 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC