Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; place 1 teaspoon jam on top. Cover jam with enough batter to fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl; combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 10 standard-size muffins.
Reviews for Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins
Sort By :
Yum!!! I was looking for a way to use up my homemade jams from last season and these are so good!!! Followed the recipe exactly thanks for sharing!!!
Good but nothing spectacular for us. Probably will not make again.
The first time I made these they were wonderful! The first one fell apart when I tried to dip it, but I just cooked them another minute or two and they were great!.
The second time I made them I didn't have enough muffin wrappers, so I poured the batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. No jam because their too thin, but they still bake in about 20 minutes. My kids love "muffin bread" just as much as muffins.
I am a TOH field editor and have made these as our 3 boys were growing up. They absolutely loved them! I would use homemade raspberry or rhubarb jam for the middle--so good!!!! My oldest son recently asked me to make them again when he was home visiting, and took the recipe home with him!
I made these with some apple cinnamon filling that I was given. They turned out delicious! We rolled them in the sugar topping... Yummy! A bit sweet for first thing in the morning, but good for brunch!