Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins Recipe
Meet the Cook: All five of our children are grown...in fact, we now have five grandchildren. But, back when they were youngsters, they loved these as after-school treats and as part of Sunday brunch. The house my husband and I live in is unusual - a little old country schoolhouse built in the 1800's! We are just about done remodeling it and ready to get started with adding a greenhouse. -Sharon Pullen, Alvinston, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; place 1 teaspoon jam on top. Cover jam with enough batter to fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3. Place melted butter in a small bowl; combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 10 standard-size muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC