Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 10 teaspoons seedless strawberry or your favorite jam
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; place 1 teaspoon jam on top. Cover jam with enough batter to fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3. Place melted butter in a small bowl; combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 10 standard-size muffins.
1 each: 288 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins
"These were fantastic! Better then store bought and the cinnamon sugar finish is perfect. Definitely a keeper."
"Yum!!! I was looking for a way to use up my homemade jams from last season and these are so good!!! Followed the recipe exactly thanks for sharing!!!"
"Good but nothing spectacular for us. Probably will not make again."
"The first time I made these they were wonderful! The first one fell apart when I tried to dip it, but I just cooked them another minute or two and they were great!.The second time I made them I didn't have enough muffin wrappers, so I poured the batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. No jam because their too thin, but they still bake in about 20 minutes. My kids love "muffin bread" just as much as muffins."
"I am a TOH field editor and have made these as our 3 boys were growing up. They absolutely loved them! I would use homemade raspberry or rhubarb jam for the middle--so good!!!! My oldest son recently asked me to make them again when he was home visiting, and took the recipe home with him!"
"I made these with some apple cinnamon filling that I was given. They turned out delicious! We rolled them in the sugar topping... Yummy! A bit sweet for first thing in the morning, but good for brunch!"
"I grew up on these muffins!! I had forgotten them and when I came across this recipe I was so excited. My Mom always called them surprise muffins because she would use different fillings. Delicious!!"
"Just made these and they turned out yummy. I used a gluten free flour blend, grapeseed oil instead of canola, and vanilla almond milk for the milk."
"I had this recipe years ago & misplaced it. It is so good . Jelly doughnuts without the fat & grease... 5 stars... so happy to find this recipe again. PS school bus drivers love them....."
"We all loved these! No need to go to the donut shop!"
"I have been making these for years. My husband used to drive school bus. I sent them to the other drivers. They loved them .They always said " when is your wife going to send some more doughnut muffins?""
"Both my dad and I got sick after eating these, had to throw them out. Tasted good at the time, though. I think they were just too rich."
"i forgot to say that the muffins turned out delicous"
"i modified recipe a bit i added choc chips,walnuts,tsp vanilla,i replaced 1/3 c of flour with bran, replaced 3/4 c of flour with whole wheat flour,and used applesauce in place of oil and replaced 1/2 the sugar with spenda and added blueberries and raspberries,i didn't have nutmeg so added 1 tsp of cinnamon and finally i omited the salt"
"These are so good!! We love them!"
"I have made a recipe like this for years. I do not add jam to mine and also use less of the topping ingredients."