Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; place 1 teaspoon jam on top. Cover jam with enough batter to fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl; combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 10 standard-size muffins.
Reviews for Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins(14)
Sort By :
Good but nothing spectacular for us. Probably will not make again.
The first time I made these they were wonderful! The first one fell apart when I tried to dip it, but I just cooked them another minute or two and they were great!.
The second time I made them I didn't have enough muffin wrappers, so I poured the batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. No jam because their too thin, but they still bake in about 20 minutes. My kids love "muffin bread" just as much as muffins.
I am a TOH field editor and have made these as our 3 boys were growing up. They absolutely loved them! I would use homemade raspberry or rhubarb jam for the middle--so good!!!! My oldest son recently asked me to make them again when he was home visiting, and took the recipe home with him!
I made these with some apple cinnamon filling that I was given. They turned out delicious! We rolled them in the sugar topping... Yummy! A bit sweet for first thing in the morning, but good for brunch!
I grew up on these muffins!! I had forgotten them and when I came across this recipe I was so excited. My Mom always called them surprise muffins because she would use different fillings. Delicious!!