Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; place 1 teaspoon jam on top. Cover jam with enough batter to fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl; combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 10 standard-size muffins.
Reviews for Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins(12)
Sort By :
I am a TOH field editor and have made these as our 3 boys were growing up. They absolutely loved them! I would use homemade raspberry or rhubarb jam for the middle--so good!!!! My oldest son recently asked me to make them again when he was home visiting, and took the recipe home with him!
I made these with some apple cinnamon filling that I was given. They turned out delicious! We rolled them in the sugar topping... Yummy! A bit sweet for first thing in the morning, but good for brunch!
I grew up on these muffins!! I had forgotten them and when I came across this recipe I was so excited. My Mom always called them surprise muffins because she would use different fillings. Delicious!!
Just made these and they turned out yummy. I used a gluten free flour blend, grapeseed oil instead of canola, and vanilla almond milk for the milk.
I had this recipe years ago & misplaced it. It is so good . Jelly doughnuts without the fat & grease... 5 stars... so happy to find this recipe again. PS school bus drivers love them.....