Cinnamon Date Scones Recipe
My kids love to help make these scones for Sunday morning breakfast. They also love to eat them-the dates are chewy and sweet. Roni Goodell, Spanish Fork, Utah
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in dates. Combine eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until blended (dough will be soft).
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead dough 10 times. Pat into a 9-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Using a floured knife, cut into six 3-in. squares; cut each square diagonally in half.
- 3. Place on a greased baking sheet. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over scones.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Date Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC