Cinnamon Cupcakes Recipe
“My from-scratch cinnamon cupcakes take a little work,” admits Judy Learned of Boyertown, Pennsylvania. But the results speak for themselves, when snackers say, “Yum!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Additional ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each cupcake.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 280 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC