Cinnamon Crumb Muffins Recipe
When I was 13, these muffins won a blue ribbon at our state fair. The coffee really enhances the cinnamon flavor, making these tender treats quite delicious.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk the egg, milk, butter and espresso powder until espresso powder is dissolved. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon over each muffin.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 229 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC