Cinnamon Crumb Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk the egg, milk, butter and espresso powder until espresso powder is dissolved. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon over each muffin.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Cinnamon Crumb Muffins(2)
Sort By :
I thought these muffins were great. I did add a little more cinnamon and a bit of freshly grated nutmeg. I also added a ripe banana because I needed to use it. I doubled the recipe.It made 15 muffins. My son had 3 for breakfast!
I loved this recipe! I added some brown sugar to the crumble, and after I baked them and let them cool I added a vanilla glaze which made the muffin into more of a desert. I also added a light topping of coffee granules to the glaze. 'Twas delicious!