Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Recipe
This scrumptious coffee cake is served at Sunday brunch in the Wisconsin Room of The American Club, a luxurious resort in Kohler, Wisconsin.—The American Club, Edward Allman, Kohler, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup packed almond paste
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a bowl, cream almond paste, butter and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar. Add shortening; beat for 2 minutes. Add egg yolks; mix well. Gradually beat in milk. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. In another bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Transfer to two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 coffee cakes, 8 servings per cake.
1 slice: 283 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC