Cinnamon Crescents Recipe
"I've had the recipe for these crispy cinnamon-sugar roll-ups for years," writes Emily Engel of Quill Lake, Saskatchewan. "They're one of my family's favorites and so easy to make. We enjoy them at breakfast with a cup of coffee."
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- OPTIONAL GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk and egg. Divide into three portions; shape each portion into a ball.
- 2. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a third over a pastry board or a surface. Roll one ball into a 12-in. circle; cut into 12 wedges. Roll up from wide edge. Repeat with the remaining dough and cinnamon-sugar. Place rolls with point side down on a lightly greased baking sheets; form into crescent shapes. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned (do not overbake).
- 3. For optional glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled crescents. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 205 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon Crescents
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2010
"So easy, yet so yummy!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC