"I've had the recipe for these crispy cinnamon-sugar roll-ups for years," writes Emily Engel of Quill Lake, Saskatchewan. "They're one of my family's favorites and so easy to make. We enjoy them at breakfast with a cup of coffee."
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl; cut in butter until
- crumbly. Stir in milk and egg. Divide into three portions; shape
- each portion into a ball.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a third over a pastry board or a
- surface. Roll one ball into a 12-in. circle; cut into 12 wedges.
- Roll up from wide edge. Repeat with the remaining dough and
- cinnamon-sugar. Place rolls with point side down on a lightly
- greased baking sheets; form into crescent shapes. Bake at 350°
- for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned (do not overbake).
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 205 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.