Cinnamon Crescents Recipe
"I've had the recipe for these crispy cinnamon-sugar roll-ups for years," writes Emily Engel of Quill Lake, Saskatchewan. "They're one of my family's favorites and so easy to make. We enjoy them at breakfast with a cup of coffee."
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- OPTIONAL GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk and egg. Divide into three portions; shape each portion into a ball.
- 2. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a third over a pastry board or a surface. Roll one ball into a 12-in. circle; cut into 12 wedges. Roll up from wide edge. Repeat with the remaining dough and cinnamon-sugar. Place rolls with point side down on a lightly greased baking sheets; form into crescent shapes. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned (do not overbake).
- 3. For optional glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled crescents. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 205 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Cinnamon Crescents
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2010
"So easy, yet so yummy!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC