Cinnamon Crescent Twists
This is a true "twist" on an old favorite, refrigerated crescent rolls. You'll love how tasty they are and how fast they come together. Ruth Vineyard — Plano, Texas
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Separate crescent roll dough into four rectangles; press seams to
- seal. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon;
- spread over two rectangles. Top with remaining two rectangles.
- Starting from a long side, cut each rectangle into eight strips.
- Twist each strip several times; seal ends together.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or
- until golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks. Combine glaze
- ingredients; brush over warm twists. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 twist equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.