- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Separate crescent roll dough into four rectangles; press seams to seal. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; spread over two rectangles. Top with remaining two rectangles. Starting from a long side, cut each rectangle into eight strips. Twist each strip several times; seal ends together.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; brush over warm twists. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Crescent Twists
Sort By :
These were quick and easy to make. After reading the other reviews I worked quickly while the dough was still chilled and it held together fairly well. This was perfect the other night for a quickie dessert.
I didn't have any trouble shaping these but the filling seemed to come right out of them and made quite a mess... They were still tasty though:)
Delicious, fast and simple! I agree with the other rater about having trouble shaping them and ended up doing my own thing! I didn't put the glaze on because hubby doesn't care for it and I used a dark pan and forgot to grease it but they came out perfect. They have been out of the oven only 30 minutes and hubby has eaten half of them already! Better get one while there are some left!
This recipe is very tasty. However, I found that the crescent dough got soft very quickly and that made if hard to manipulate it into the twists. I made two batches and with the second one I put the dough in the freezer for ten minutes before I put the rectangles together and it held together better. I cut mine in half to serve since some of the first batch came out not looking like the picture.
Really yummy! I took me longer than the 20 minutes mentioned though; closer to 30, maybe even 35. Then again, perhaps I'm just slow!
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >