Cinnamon Crescent Rolls Recipe
I always whip up a batch of these flaky, drizzled crescents to take to family gatherings at Christmastime. Serve the rolls at breakfast, as a snack or for dessert—you can't go wrong! —Sharon McKee, Denton, Texas
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a large saucepan, heat the butter, milk, shortening and water to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg yolks; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead about six times. Divide dough into four portions. Roll out one portion into a 12-in. circle; spread with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up each from the wide end and place point side down 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents.
- 4. Repeat with remaining dough, butter and cinnamon-sugar. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over warm rolls. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rolls. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 roll equals 176 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC