Cinnamon Crescent Cookies Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, egg yolks and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Divide dough into fourths. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle.
- 3. Whisk egg whites and water; brush over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1/4 cup in a small bowl. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over the dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges.
- 4. Roll up each wedge from the wide end; roll in reserved cinnamon-sugar. Place point side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 cookies.
1 each: 141 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Crescent Cookies
"My mom made a version of these except she always added chopped walnuts."